I've never seen the appeal of zombies, but iZombie has me hooked with humor, horror, and suspense. Olivia Moore has a promising career ahead of her as a doctor, but that's derailed when she's turned into a zombie. She now works at the morgue where she can satisfy her hunger for brains. Sounds like the makings of a cheesy story, but this series is full of great characters and exciting plots.
You can read more of the synopsis at Wikipedia, and I'll tell you what I like best about the show.
1. You've got to love Liv's look of white hair and pale skin. She makes me look swarthy by comparison. It's not overdone and looks totally believable. Some of the zombies do spray-tanning, so you can't always tell who's a creature of the night.
2. The pilot does an excellent job introducing us to the set-up, then dives right in with a fast-paced plot.
3. Liv has great relationships with her family, her ex-fiance, her boss, a cop she works with, and a love interest. She deals with her new anti-life the best she can, and manages to keep her sense of humor and joy.
4. Liv takes on characteristics and experiences the memories of the person when she eats their brains. She's using this talent to help a cop catch bad guys, all the more reason to cheer Liv on. In most episodes, Liv also learns a lesson. I like stories with lessons.
5. There's just the right amount of creepy gore without being disgusting.
6. There's a season two going on. Yes! *fist pump* It will be on Netflix soon.
My very late announcement
The winner of the Werewolf Love contest was Missy E. Thanks so much to everyone who entered. I really enjoyed reading the last lines to the poem. You guys are incredibly creative and fun! Thank you for tweeting and signing up for my newsletter. I look forward to sharing new releases with you.
This site contains adult content. Please do not continue if you are not 18 or older.
Psst, Chrome users, you may need to do a little tweeking to get the RSS feed to work. Great YouTube short video here. http://bit.ly/1D9Deu5
To have my blog delivered to you automatically, please enter your email below.
I would love to hear from you! Drop me a line at naomibellina AT live.com