You can read more of the synopsis at Wikipedia, and I'll tell you what I like best about the show.
1. You've got to love Liv's look of white hair and pale skin. She makes me look swarthy by comparison. It's not overdone and looks totally believable. Some of the zombies do spray-tanning, so you can't always tell who's a creature of the night.
2. The pilot does an excellent job introducing us to the set-up, then dives right in with a fast-paced plot.
3. Liv has great relationships with her family, her ex-fiance, her boss, a cop she works with, and a love interest. She deals with her new anti-life the best she can, and manages to keep her sense of humor and joy.
4. Liv takes on characteristics and experiences the memories of the person when she eats their brains. She's using this talent to help a cop catch bad guys, all the more reason to cheer Liv on. In most episodes, Liv also learns a lesson. I like stories with lessons.
5. There's just the right amount of creepy gore without being disgusting.
6. There's a season two going on. Yes! *fist pump* It will be on Netflix soon.
My very late announcement
The winner of the Werewolf Love contest was Missy E. Thanks so much to everyone who entered. I really enjoyed reading the last lines to the poem. You guys are incredibly creative and fun! Thank you for tweeting and signing up for my newsletter. I look forward to sharing new releases with you.