I've never seen the appeal of zombies, but iZombie has me hooked with humor, horror, and suspense. Olivia Moore has a promising career ahead of her as a doctor, but that's derailed when she's turned into a zombie. She now works at the morgue where she can satisfy her hunger for brains. Sounds like the makings of a cheesy story, but this series is full of great characters and exciting plots.
You can read more of the synopsis at Wikipedia, and I'll tell you what I like best about the show.
1. You've got to love Liv's look of white hair and pale skin. She makes me look swarthy by comparison. It's not overdone and looks totally believable. Some of the zombies do spray-tanning, so you can't always tell who's a creature of the night.
2. The pilot does an excellent job introducing us to the set-up, then dives right in with a fast-paced plot.
3. Liv has great relationships with her family, her ex-fiance, her boss, a cop she works with, and a love interest. She deals with her new anti-life the best she can, and manages to keep her sense of humor and joy.
4. Liv takes on characteristics and experiences the memories of the person when she eats their brains. She's using this talent to help a cop catch bad guys, all the more reason to cheer Liv on. In most episodes, Liv also learns a lesson. I like stories with lessons.
5. There's just the right amount of creepy gore without being disgusting.
6. There's a season two going on. Yes! *fist pump* It will be on Netflix soon.
My very late announcement
The winner of the Werewolf Love contest was Missy E. Thanks so much to everyone who entered. I really enjoyed reading the last lines to the poem. You guys are incredibly creative and fun! Thank you for tweeting and signing up for my newsletter. I look forward to sharing new releases with you.
Last week, my brain shut down. Too much to do, not enough time. I have goals and deadlines looming and felt the stress. Self-imposed goals and deadlines, but we're supposed to set those, right? I wasn't going to reach them unless I worked like a madwoman and gave up all my free time. I understand, nothing is gained without hard work and I'm not opposed to hard work. But I am opposed to driving myself crazy, disappointing my honey, ignoring my health, losing too much sleep and turning into a stark, raving b*tch.
So this past weekend, I hung up my super woman cape. Enough. I can only do so much. I work, I cook, I shop, I clean (sometimes), I have charity groups to support, a writer's group I'm involved with, a book on tour, and a man who would like to spend time with me. My beloved project will go out two weeks later than planned. Big deal. I love October, love Halloween, love all fun this season brings. I'm not going to miss it. I'm willing to sacrifice some play time, but not all of it, and I'm not willing to sacrifice my relationships or my sanity.
Enjoy my video below, as I have a little dress-up fun and promote my book, all at the same time. Don't you love my mask? You can still join in on my giveaway. Visit any of the stops on my tour here and enter, or go right to the Rafflecopter below. I've got an entry that asks you to add the last line to a poem, so stretch your creative muscles and have fun with that.
More exciting news, Kobo is having a Buy Two Sizzling Ebooks Get One Free event from October 6th to 11th, and Ruled by the Moon and Sins of Long Ago are both part of the sale. https://store.kobobooks.com/p/bmsmls
This site contains adult content. Please do not continue if you are not 18 or older.
Psst, Chrome users, you may need to do a little tweeking to get the RSS feed to work. Great YouTube short video here. http://bit.ly/1D9Deu5
To have my blog delivered to you automatically, please enter your email below.
I would love to hear from you! Drop me a line at naomibellina AT live.com