Man banned from owning dog after puppy gets drunk
LONDON (AP) — A British court has barred a man from having a dog for three years after his Labrador puppy was discovered drunk.
Matthew Cox had been drinking vodka and coke with his roommate on Aug. 22 when he left his glass on the floor to go for a smoke.
He returned to find that his 6-month-old dog, Max, had swallowed the booze. But he left the animal at home, and prosecutor Maria Moore told Nottingham Magistrate's Court in central England that the puppy was later spotted staggering and falling over near Cox's home.
Police were called and took the dog to an emergency vet, where it was put on a drip to flush the alcohol out of its system.
Magistrate J. A. Smith on Wednesday called the incident "downright stupid."
The puppy has since been given a new home.
This site contains adult content. Please do not continue if you are not 18 or older.
Now at Amazon and your favorite e-book seller
Psst, Chrome users, you may need to do a little tweeking to get the RSS feed to work. Great YouTube short video here. http://bit.ly/1D9Deu5
To have my blog delivered to you automatically, please enter your email below.
I would love to hear from you! Drop me a line at naomibellina AT live.com